Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Week 45 Moda BlockHeads Double Dutch by Jo Morton

Ok here we go with Week 45 Moda BlockHeads!  45!  3 blocks to go!  How are you doing ?  Are you caught up?  I am totally shocked that I've been able to keep up.  The weekly pace suits me.  Hope you are still with us and enjoying the journey.

Question of the Week....Do you have any exciting plans or adventures on your calendar for 2018?
Well, as a matter of fact, an exciting year awaits me....maybe you can join me!  February 1 and 2 I'll be in Athens, Alabama at the Dixie Stitchers Quilt Guild.  March I'll be teaching at Greenbriar Retreat Center (full).  In April I fly to FRANCE! 2 days in Paris, then on to Nantes for the quilt show Pour l'Amour du Fil www.pourlamourdufil.com April 25th-28 for my Quiltmania book debut.  Home for 2 weeks then on to Portland in May for Quilt Market and then teaching outside Seattle for 2 shops (details to come). 2 guild trips in June, Duncan, Oklahoma and Ozark Quilt Guild in Springfield, Missouri. Shops in Iowa and Nebraska in September (details to come), then niece's wedding, Dallas Quilt Guild (unconfirmed) in October.  Quilt Market in Houston in November. I think that is all.  Haven't had such a busy year in a long, long time. If you are near where I will be, I'd love to see you!


This week's pattern is from Jo and what a fun pattern it is to make! 


Click here for Jo's pattern on her blog.
I trimmed the large geese to measure 2" x 3 1/2"
and small geese to 1 1/4" x 1 3/4"
Thanks Jo!
Please visit my friends (links below) to see what they have made this week.

Here is a cutie! 3" Mini Penny block 
Make flying geese units using the same method as in our instructions. To make working with the tiny geese a little easier, I cut geese rectangles 1 5/8" x 2 5/8" and background squares 1 5/8"
Once made, trim geese units to 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Cut center square 1 1/2"
You will start sewing long side to center square with a partial seam, then add each long side of geese unit. Tricky part is the final seam to meet your first partial seam.  It's tedious there, because of such small block, but sew worth it!



Love these blocks!




Want to join me in France???


One more thing to do....Do you like a quilt challenge?   Do you like prizes?  Go to Annette Plog's blog to learn more about the One Block Challenge she is hosting with 3 Moda designers. Look for her post detailing the rules.  One Block Challenge and I'm the first designer!  I chose the Double T block, a long time favorite block.  Here is one of the reasons why I love it...one of the first antique quilts I purchased in the 1990s.  I reproduced this quilt with a pink setting for my book Gone to Texas....I think T is for Texas, or for anything really that starts with a T!
I hope you join in the fun.
Can't wait to see what you will make!

 Until next time ~
Betsy



3 comments:

  1. I will see you in Athens, AL, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block, Betsy! Thank you! Someday I'm going to get to meet you at one of these events! In the meantime, I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete